Local Restaurants & Dining
Asheville restaurants are some of the best independently owned dining establishments in the East. The eclectic culture of Asheville, and the variety of guests who visit from far and wide, have encouraged culinary talent from all over the world to bring their expertise to Asheville, North Carolina . . . we have virtually no chain restaurants in the downtown area and take pride in the variety of dining cuisine that is available. Below is a list of some of our “guests’ best” recommendations . . . we will give you the latest list when you visit us.
- Bouchon – A warm atmosphere serving “French Comfort food”
- The Marketplace – An Asheville original with fresh local ingredients…one of the best!
- Curate – Vibrant traditional Spanish tapas bar with a famous young Chef
- Tupelo Honey – Creative southern comfort fare
- Chestnut – Historic location with an American farm-to-table flair
- Early Girl – Farm-to-table Southern Comfort Food
- The Laughing Seed – A great vegetarian restaurant with local ingredients and an international flair
- Limones – Mexican & Californian infused cuisine with local ingredients
- BlackBird – Features a variety of American cuisine using local ingredients and located on the ground floor of the Aloft Hotel
- Salsas – Caribbean food with a Mexican flair. Try the Margaritas!
- Table – A small seasonal new American restaurant
- Cucina 24 – Features honest interpretations of classic Italian dishes
- The Lobster Trap – A great seafood restaurant with the freshest imports
- Lexington Ave. Brewery (LAB) – A 15 barrel microbrew with a great food menu, location & music venue
- Fig Bistro – Classic market-driven French cuisine
- French Broad Chocolate Lounge – The very best of locally made chocolate delights
- Posana Cafe -– Small plates and local organic ingredients. Anything gluten free.
- Strada – Italian family recipes with locally sourced ingredients
- 5 Walnut Wine Bar – A small, friendly wine bar with a limited menu and good music
- Mela Indian Restaurant – Authentic Indian food, made with local ingredients and served in a warm atmosphere
- Ichiban & Wasabi Sushi Bar (2 downtown locations)
- The Corner Kitchen – Local ingredients and great chef. A presidential favorite
- Rezaz – Mediterranean cuisine with a fun atmosphere
- Admiral – A West Asheville dive bar with exceptional cuisine
- Junction – Seasonally inspired southern farm-to-table cuisine