Built in 1894, and now in its fifteen year as an Inn, The Beaufort House is an exceptional North Carolina vacation destination for guests from all over North America and the world. We take pride in providing a comfortable environment which wins over first-time B&B visitors, and creates friendships and loyalty from guests who return year after year.
Hospitality is the hallmark of both the past and present of this lovely property. Today the hospitality of The Beaufort House Inn is second to none. As our guest, you will personally experience the warmth and spirit of this hospitality whether engaged with our innkeepers, staff, or other guests. This spirit permeates the privacy of your own suite, private decks, our outdoor gardens and the serenity of our library in the main house. Our two-course gourmet breakfasts and wine socials also offer opportunities for you to enjoy the experiences and camraderie of other guests, all part of the "Beaufort Experience".
When you stay with us, you are likely to make new friends and reconnect with the things that bring joy to your life. Our goal is to provide you with the perfect respite from the hustle and bustle of everyday life as you relax and delight in the cozy elegance of this historic home.
And keep in touch with us by checking into our Facebook page!
Featured in NY Times Travel article Sept 2007 - "36 hours in Asheville NC"
- Beaufort House is Listed as one of the top 5 places to stay in Asheville, NC and one of the top 2 or 3 B&Bs in the area
Featured in July 2000 Vegetarian Times magazine for excellence in accommodation, food, and hospitality.
...stay at Beaufort House, an immaculate bed and breakfast just north of downtown. This beautifully renovated Victorian is a wayfarer's dream, with big bedrooms, great service and--best of all-- fabulous vegetarian food. Prepared by owners Jim & Christina Muth, Beaufort House's breakfasts are out of this world.
Featured in April 1999 Southern Living.
"I can't begin to tell you how much we so enjoyed our stay," begins Debbie Dalin, of Cooper City, Florida, when she wrote us about the Beaufort House in Asheville, North Carolina. Then she eloquently described the 1894 mansion with 10 guest rooms (most of which have a fireplace and/or a two-person whirlpool), gardens, white rockers, and a bountiful breakfast served by the owners.
- The Beaufort House has been chosen as one of the 'top 20 finalists' for the title "Top 10 Most Romantic Inns"
- Voted Best "Place to Kiss" in 2001.
- Host to a photo shoot for a 'Hanes' Advertising Campaign in 1994.
- Our front porch has been the center of attention for numerous photographers, including the calendar 'Carolina Places' in 1995 and the backdrop for Steve Metcalf's political campaign photos in 1998.
- We have been featured on several online sites, such as I Love Inns, Discover Our Town,
The Asheville Native, Travel Assist, and B&B Finder.